Citizen Code is looking to hire great people with software, product, and people skills. We’re looking to bring new voices to the table as we help clients decide what to build, learn how to experiment with new ideas as they grow, and maintain easy-to-use, easy-to-scale software.
In addition to our consulting services, we are in the early stages of developing our own product, so we are looking for people with an interest in making broad contributions to that effort.
We’re a small team based in New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle. We put in time to get to know each other and remain tight despite the geographical barriers. We believe in experimenting and listening above all else. We work at a sustainable pace (no nights & weekends), we communicate with each other about what we need, and we are honest about what we can provide.
We care about long-term sustainability, which means we actively seek clients working in that space—be it ecological or cultural. Examples of recent mission-aligned work: COASST, Code for America, The Second Shift, Q Card Project.
We’re looking to add another developer to our team, either as a subcontractor or an employee, in our San Francisco office or remote. We work 9am to 6pm Pacific time.
You’d be a great fit if you are comfortable working on both front-end and back-end code in Ruby on Rails and/or Elixir/Phoenix, like to pair program all day, like writing your tests first, enjoy constructive dialogue as much as shipping code, and are excited about regularly delivering products that have an impact.
Things we like to see:
- You have experience with agile software development methodologies, TDD, and pair programming.
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Elixir/Phoenix.
- You are willing to teach, and to learn.
- When necessary, you are willing to switch hats to use your other skills.
- You value a sustainable lifestyle and want to contribute to building a long-term community.
- You have empathy for clients and users.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are interested in building products.